There are so many interview tips you can read on the Internet. Most of the recommendations are broadly similar. We asked 10 different HR Managers for their recommended Interview tips. Here is a summary of what they said:
1. Gather as much information about the company, as you can. (size, activities, mission, vision, offices, and number of employees).
2. Imagine you are working already for this company and think of how you can contribute to the success of the business. Share your thoughts during the interview.
3. Have all your original diplomas and certificates with you, along with a copy of your CV.
4. When going to the interview do not think of how important the job is to you. Imagine you are going to a meeting with friends with whom you are going to discuss professional issues.
5. Be on time! Or, if you see you will be late, call the person who has invited you to the interview.
6. Be sure to dress professionally
7. Do not drink alcohol or eat garlic beforehand
8. Concentrate and listen carefully to the questions
9. Do not give short “Yes”, “No” answers. Try to give examples from your previous experience.
10. If you are interviewed by more than 1 person, try to keep eye contact with all of them.
11. Do not complain about your previous jobs, bosses and colleagues. Try to give independent answers.
12. Do not make summarisations like “The English people are….or the Germans are….”
13. Avoid any discussions linked to religions
14. Switch off your Mobile phone
15. Always greet the interviewer by his/her last name and try to pronounce it correctly
16. Be enthusiastic and show it in your replies and body language